What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Altis Life UK 5.2.5 Optimization and Cleanup update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Legendary Donator
Altis Life UK 5.2.5 Optimization and Cleanup update.

This update is all about looking at the bigger picture of 2x servers of 100 players, rather than a few visual changes for the minority & most importantly performance of our server and hopefully we can provide a slight FPS increase.

A few months ago optimizations were made to the script and alot of crap was stripped out as well as some very important fixes which made our server very stable to the point where we went from 80 slots to 100 slots for each server.

​Unfortunately more recently there has been desync at points where cars have been flying randomly or people running on the spot during very busy times this was due to things getting added that clearly should not have even been put in and i take full responsibility for this.

For me Roleplay and Server performance are on par before features and the board had a meeting the other night which ended in the need for a cleanup and optimization to the map and files.

Dont worry this does not mean any features are being removed, Just things that you would rarely see around Altis.

Unfortunately Ciaran was working on this over the last 2 nights but went offline early last night and as the founder of the community i felt it was important that this was released yesterday.... because that wasn't this met i made sure it was released today, With this i am keen to amend the way development takes place on the server going forward and if i am awake i will have meetings this evening.

Therefore i sit here after being up nearly 24 hours without sleep with a restructured texture folder where a lot of skins and textures have either been removed or compressed a bit better along with sound files and a lot of junk removed from our map.

I am pleased to announce the mission file (the thing you download when you join the server) has shrunk from 30mb to 10mb.

The map changes here are the ones that are going to increase performance as the user submitted content from the UNMC was in fact the same number of objects as our entire map and was also coded incorrectly meaning every item in the UNMC area could be damaged (fall over).

With this i have also taken the decision to remove Squad.xml, a badly coded squad.xml or a slow web host can have drastic effects to a busy server like ours, To be this is another un-needed factor at play and it was time to remove it.

But do not worry, where things have been removed some things have been added which i will list below.(Some police skins may be low quality at the moment, We will work to get them looking a bit better in due course)

Removed

• Police Sport Hatchback Skin
  • Police ANPR SUV Skin
  • Police Unmarked Black Skin
  • Police "Fun Bus"
  • Police DEA Hunter
  • Police DEA Uniform
  • UNMC Uniform
  • UNMC Map Objects
  • Buzzard Red Arrow Skin
  • Hello Kitty Hatchback
  • Hello Kitty Box Van
  • Nightclub music
  • Ability to use a squad.xml
  • Various other map objects
  • Images and textures that were un-used
  • Hellcat navy & grey skin (replaced with green and black colour)
  • Objects at Athria Police HQ (New police HQ coming soon)

Amended

• All sound files have been compressed better.
  • PLF Base amended
  • The texture folders file structure
  • Police uniforms compressed
  • Bounty hunter uniform compressed

Added

• Hummingbird Wasp skin (Default Arma file)
  • 3 New Mohawk colours (Black/Tan/Grey)
  • Prices for the police hatch and SUV

That is what i can remember at this point, I am going to be viewing the servers files, file by file over the next few days to see what else i can change without effecting gameplay too much.

After all we have a mod shop where you can spray your vehicle any color you come up with so there is no reason for many skins to be in the game other than our themed UK police ones.

I know people wish to chop-shop helicopters so i will work on that along with some new colors for other helicopters.

No update is complete without an apology so sorry to all the medics/police who find that there SUV's do not have the correct skin, Any police/medic's logging on today please clean out your garages and repurchase vehicles to resolve this. (This is a one time cleanup and will not happen again with the SUV)

Wilco, (off for some sleep)

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the hard work you've put in over the last couple of days, but if i may ask one question. Roughly how long will it be until the new Athira HQ is ready? Our little protective walls and barrier we had worked great for keeping out the VDM'ers and trollers and i would hate it to turn into an easily grief-able area again. 

Amended

• PLF Base amended
Added

• 3 New Mohawk colours (Black/Tan/Grey)
q2hL3Wk.gif

I appreciate the hard work you've put in over the last couple of days, but if i may ask one question. Roughly how long will it be until the new Athira HQ is ready? Our little protective walls and barrier we had worked great for keeping out the VDM'ers and trollers and i would hate it to turn into an easily grief-able area again. 
As long as it takes to make a nice police station and not a military base, Its low down on the list right now so no doubt i will get to it no later than Friday/Saturday

Go sleep big guy. 

You've earned it. 

Cutest-cat-gifs-sleep.gif

I know people wish to chop-shop helicopters so i will work on that along with some new colors for other helicopters.
Um........ Can we get a public vote on this as the few people who are probably are ok with this are stupid rich and can deal with stolen choppers.......

I've only seen it suggested once so far, although I am still quite new here

Um........ Can we get a public vote on this as the few people who are probably are ok with this are stupid rich and can deal with stolen choppers.......

I've only seen it suggested once so far, although I am still quite new here
In the history of the forums id say its been suggested a large amount of times... really it should be in, Only by lazyness (not by us) it hasn't been added.

People need to take care of there vehicles more

• Hellcat navy & grey skin (replaced with green and black colour)
RIP, I loved that skin. Was the main reason I bought the hellcat (besides it being awesome).

Also, the NHS SUV Skin either isn't there or not working. I've tested it on multiple medics and the SUV's are not spawning with the skin. Instead it's a random base skin like black, grey or orange. 

However it's amazing that the mission file has shrunk so much. Well done everyone!

Oh right, removed custom faces too I see, well that absolutely sucks. I mean seriously the limit was small to begin with and I loved having my own identity, now youve took that away and Im wondering if I still wanna log back on to altisuk. So much for being able to express a little individuality, Seriously annoyed.

In the history of the forums id say its been suggested a large amount of times... really it should be in, Only by lazyness (not by us) it hasn't been added.

People need to take care of there vehicles more
Will this include all vehicles then including tempest? May as well go the whole hog then.

You fibber you said you were going to bed :p

Don't worry Noz, I'm on the case. We need a wall and something that really looks 'authentic'..

With the police being an equal opportunity employer I propose this: (Thank me later Wilco).

Yeah - this won't cause any server problems, it's rainbow coloured.

701517_1e73_625x1000.jpg

guess this means the end of the white listed rebels then as without our stuff we are just like normal rebels again with no lands to protect :(

Dont worry this does not mean any features are being removed, Just things that you would rarely see around Altis.
Soo ALL of the UNMC stuff is something you rarely see?

And I personally barely had any framedrops(not in and not outside of the UNMC territory)

About the desync:

Of course there is alot of Desync I mean you have 2 100Slot Server (Depending on the KOTH-Server it even is up to 3) which as far as I am concerned takes up basically all of the bandwidth your server got.

Which is the main reason for Desync.

If you havent varified that yet then try to only have Server 1 up with all the stuff we had befor 5.2.5

and you should see that It is not the Textures or Items that cause Desync but the lack of bandwidth.

(Since that applied to ARMA 2 I assume that it still applies to ARMA 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back