What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Add a proximity check to sanitation trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can earn 300k+ an hour solo with people clocked in, in line with other jobs which pay 90-120k per hour I find it massively OP. I understand it’s more work load but it’s still spread across the same hour.

how long did we have to taxi for that? mechanic? run food jobs? In a car dealership most need to work an entire month to earn that and most don't even reach anywhere near it.
It seems were at an issue where people doing a single legal job cause its the meta are earning more than drug dealers, people risking their weapons and possible jailtime, majority of business owners. in under 30 hours of doing binjob solo a player could potentially afford a whole business which to me is absolutely insane. to put that into perspective if i were to do a job like taxi for 30 hours i would earn give or take 3.6 million if we average it at 120k an hour. if i did the same with bin job id have anywhere from 9-12 million in the same time. A difference of around 4 MILLION in pay at the lowest doesnt seem balanced in my eyes.

You can earn 300k+ an hour solo with people clocked in, in line with other jobs which pay 90-120k per hour I find it massively OP. I understand it’s more work load but it’s still spread across the same hour.
An example:

As a G6 Officer, to hire, to protect with your life and provide RP - £60K p/h

Sanitation, solo with other people's numbers, clicking sub-consciously whilst providing zero RP - £3-400K p/h

It's putting into perspective that a few value the dough over the roleplay, surely putting a proximity into place helps this altogether?

There's no difference (in regards to it being OP) in doing it solo compared to doing it together then the crew leader stealing the money and running away?

It wouldn't take the same time since for solo you wouldn't be able to collect multiple bags at the same time which of course slows you down.
Not ran bins in a while so could be wrong but surely 1 trip collecting 3 bags is quicker than 3 trips collecting 1 bag. Not just quicker I imagine 2 nearly 3 times quicker.

Bin jobs in my opinion are meant to encourage people to work together, a job to bring people together to work together, teamwork.

This whole "Give me your Paypal" or "Give me your ID" to be able to make more money is just ridiculous in my opinion either work that job with your mates/others or do something else alone like the other jobs in the server, I get people want money for their characters and whatever is highest paying realistically people will want to take advantage of but the issue is doing this job alone eliminates the roleplay aspect of what it was designed for.

You are meant to work with a team of people, meet new people, risk the chance of getting scammed it's all roleplay, doing it on your own just eliminates that and becomes this money farm, with other jobs you have dispatch systems mechanics/taxi which arguably can provide roleplay for users, fishing is a job you can do alone or with others on the side that is fair enough with the risk of getting robbed again roleplay, mining/smelting can be done with others or alone and again you can make connections or get robbed.

Doing bin jobs alone with three other people on the crew that aren't actively participating in it in my opinion is not what it was intended for and isn't what it should be used for, this suggestion is what I would say is needed to keep it how it was intended and that was to do this job as a group.

-1 (not that my opinion holds value rn)

It's not exploiting though as Logan and 1A have mentioned? If 1 person wants to do the work of 4 that's on them tbh. If 3 people want to join a group and do nothing then that's on them? Yes it was intended as a new "group" job but I don't see the issue doing it solo if that's an agreement between all parties? Doing a 4 man job solo just takes longer so is worth the pay imo.

It's not exploiting though as Logan and 1A have mentioned? If 1 person wants to do the work of 4 that's on them tbh. If 3 people want to join a group and do nothing then that's on them? Yes it was intended as a new "group" job but I don't see the issue doing it solo if that's an agreement between all parties? Doing a 4 man job solo just takes longer so is worth the pay imo.
They say it's balanced, but don't explain why they think that, everyone's opinion holds value.

If we try to explain why we see it as OP or not balanced all we get back is basically ''its balanced cause i say so'' ''it's balanced cause they grab 3 bags'' why do they not come with facts? We've come up with times, pay differences, travel time differences (driving to a location once grabbing 3 bins is quicker then having to drive to the location 3 times starting from the sanitasion) etc.

In the end they grab 2 extra bags, that's it.

A group of 4 (30 bins) normally drives to 30 different locations, grabbing 90 bags total (earning 120k each taking around 40min). when they do 4 runs they have gone to 120 locations which takes time to drive/refuel and grabbed 360 bags to earn let's say 450k. that takes around 160 minutes.

A solo binner (30 bins) drives to 30 different locations, grabbing 90 bags total (earning 450k taking around 60min). When they do 4 runs they have gone to 120 locations which takes time to drive/refuel and grabbed 360 bags to earn let's say 1.8 million. that takes around 240 minutes.

It takes them 20 minutes longer per run from what I've heard. If you balance that out they should earn 180k instead of the 120, but since they don't have to drive to 120 locations but to 30 for all these bags they earn 450k roughly. Meaning when you balance it they still earn 270k more. meaning. It's not balanced.

Correct me if i'm wrong. It's why we have these discussions and everyone's opinion matters. This is why we need people to elaborate on their statements.

now i wouldnt say the bin job is the problem, i would say the cost of items in the city is the problems, dealerships gatekeeping and holding back cars to increase there profits is just going to make people grind to get the money. Not just saying its dealerships other items etc cost a arm and a leg so people will grind.

if they reduce the pay on bin collection are you just going to see big groups back on collation hill dealing again???

now i wouldnt say the bin job is the problem, i would say the cost of items in the city is the problems, dealerships gatekeeping and holding back cars to increase there profits is just going to make people grind to get the money. Not just saying its dealerships other items etc cost a arm and a leg so people will grind.

if they reduce the pay on bin collection are you just going to see big groups back on collation hill dealing again???
No, because coa hill was 'removed'.

Dealership prices are a completely separate issue.

Couple of months ago everyone was complaining that you have to grind for hours upon hours to make money, now the complaint seems to be that people are getting rich too fast.
Without a full economy wipe, I don't think you're ever going to be able to re-balance the scales. However, illegal jobs should pay more than legal jobs with the inherited risk.

In regards to the bin job itself, I think it should strictly promote working together and the RP that can occur from that, so +1 to the proximity checks.

Bins are a joke of a money maker and have killed alot of the gang rp in the city, not to mention how stupid it is when you see them picking bins up in their big gangster attire.

Also pls nerf the shit you get from bins that's a joke "realistic serious RP server" finding guns and drills for banks in bins sounds like the average UK bin man finds to me?

Phat +1

Couple of months ago everyone was complaining that you have to grind for hours upon hours to make money, now the complaint seems to be that people are getting rich too fast.
Without a full economy wipe, I don't think you're ever going to be able to re-balance the scales. However, illegal jobs should pay more than legal jobs with the inherited risk.

In regards to the bin job itself, I think it should strictly promote working together and the RP that can occur from that, so +1 to the proximity checks.
Making money too fast again is a completely separate issue.

This thread is about people doing a GROUP job SOLO. The other issue people have with bins is that it's better money than all the other jobs. It'd be one thing if everything paid at comparable rates but to only have one thing offering that kind of pay advantage you'll see a disproportionate amount of people grinding it.

Bins are a joke of a money maker and have killed alot of the gang rp in the city, not to mention how stupid it is when you see them picking bins up in their big gangster attire.

Also pls nerf the shit you get from bins that's a joke "realistic serious RP server" finding guns and drills for banks in bins sounds like the average UK bin man finds to me?

Phat +1
Tbh mate, the gangs killed the gang RP in the city. Regardless of how much money there is to be made, if they were here to RP with each other like gangs should be, then they'd all still be slinging coke. Bins are not the issue, its the select few who min/max them.
the thing about making cars more expensive

Cars don't have to be made MORE expensive are you mad? Even with binwork, you'll be hard pressed to make anyone spend more than the extortionate amount dealerships already charge.

It seems like everyone is now complaining because Bin work has opened the floor for the casual gamer but along with it has tempted the sweats to min/max the hell out of it. I no longer have to graft for 5 hours after work to be able to go and hang with my mates on my crim, or get the occasional car or whatever and quite frankly I'm not sure many people would go back to the grind it used to be.

In my opinion,
Economy wipe + Re-pricing of everything to be lower and more realistic = Fix
Limit bins to 10 runs per person, per day (headpops halfway through rounds shouldnt make that run count)

It seems like everyone is now complaining because Bin work has opened the floor for the casual gamer but along with it has tempted the sweats to min/max the hell out of it. I no longer have to graft for 5 hours after work to be able to go and hang with my mates on my crim, or get the occasional car or whatever and quite frankly I'm not sure many people would go back to the grind it used to be.
Do you not see the issue with that only being the case for a single job?

A big concern, is often peoples games crash. They come back and go down their own thing as they are now just kinda useless as they can't pickup bins after returning from a game crash

Tbh mate, the gangs killed the gang RP in the city. Regardless of how much money there is to be made, if they were here to RP with each other like gangs should be, then they'd all still be slinging coke.
Disagree with this, if in RP gangs are not receiving clients to sell to because again within RP you can do bins for 40 mins and make more money than selling a kilo of the most profitable drug in the city, they'd do the latter and just do bins instead.

Can't beat em join em instance.

It’s not really exploiting the system though, they’re just picking up extra workload and getting a higher reward for it. However they need people in their crew to do this. If they weren’t having to do double/triple the work and getting double the money for it i’d understand but that’s not the case
We've already stated this is fine since with less people actively taking part it will take longer to complete therefore balances itself out. Of course we do recommend not doing it solo and everyone taking part since the entire point of not allowing solo was to encourage teamwork.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back