What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ability to clamp vehicles

RupertRogby

I've been playing my G6 char recently and noticed that impounding vehicles seems to cause very minimal effect or gives barely any RP, given no one seems to do mechanic anymore. Even on peak times you may see one or two mechanics.
Lately it just seems to be "don't forget to pay for your parking or it'll have to be impounded" ... "Oh well" as people know they don't turn up, or they know they'll be back before they eventually did turn up.
I think a lot of it is the car impound request doesn't auto-delete if the vehicle has moved from the spot it was requested from, so people tend to not bother with requests from pillbox for that reason.
Thinking about how we could make this more interesting, an ability to clamp vehicles like you would IRL.

Pros:
  • Generates some RP - once the car is clamped, the vehicle owner could speak with the officer that did it, RP it out and maybe have to pay a fine to take it off. Could also go the other way where they lockpick/break it off.
  • Gives another level to the (in my opinion) lack lustre impounding
  • Cars can be clamped, then the usual mechanic process carries on, the car gets picked up on the truck with the clamp still on giving more realism
Cons
  • dev work of course & maybe cost?
  • Could be abused, however I don't see this being an issue as police and G6 would be the only ones with the power
  • Could maybe cause hostile RP - officer clamps car, guns come straight out "take it off or ill shoot you" type RP

I've seen one mod, but I've never worked in the GTA dev scene so take it with a grain of salt and just inspiration/getting my idea across.
https://store.londonstudios.net/category/police-resources - Smart Clamp

If this isn't something that'd likely be implemented, I hope some work can go into the mechanic to give it a refresh.
Maybe have the ability for 2 mechanics to go out on job in the same truck and share the pay? Could incentivise more people to do it just like the bins.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? - I wouldn’t say so

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
🐐 suggestion

RP that comes from this could be hilarious

Another point, if someone just abandons a car when it’s clamped maybe bob can pick it up after 30 minutes or something to avoid a pile up

Another point, if someone just abandons a car when it’s clamped maybe bob can pick it up after 30 minutes or something to avoid a pile up
Eh maybe not, Police/G6 are pretty good when it comes to impounding cars (Free Money)

But say after 30 mins or something tow truckers get a dispatch for it by default, although TBF if a clamps been put on the person would have already made an impound request. +1 overall

Iv been saying we need clamps as police for a while now, great suggestion +1

"Eh maybe not, Police/G6 are pretty good when it comes to impounding cars (Free Money)"

Don't think he's on about G6 or Police not impounding them think he means when they have put the request in no one has came to collect meaning it has stayed there, think what he said there is great!

Don't think he's on about G6 or Police not impounding them think he means when they have put the request in no one has came to collect meaning it has stayed there, think what he said there is great!
Ah. on a second read of that yeah that makes more sense, still a +1 for me

"Eh maybe not, Police/G6 are pretty good when it comes to impounding cars (Free Money)"

yeah you hit it spot on.

When you clamp it, it also requests the mechanic

Back