What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

60+ Fps on this build Cheap

Fallen

/F/
Hi so to all the people out there looking for a cheap build to run arma at 60+ heres my specs.. yes i have a really good CPU compared to my GPU howver the GPU is always upgradable and i will be upgrading to a 980 soon.. anway

CPU:i7-4790k

GPU: MSI Gtx 750ti

Motherboard: MSI Gaming 5

RAM: 16gb ddr3

PSU: 750w corsair gold

Storage: 120GB SSD for the games i play most and for my boot of my system and a 1tb HDD for other files/ Mods such as Exile etc / also other games/ Videos

Case: NZXT s340 red&Black

if you have the money maybe add some liquid cooling in also a bigger SSD and HDD also a new graphics card looking more towards the GTX 970-980

However i dont over clock and run stock fan with the specs above and run 60+ nearly all the time, when recording i dont drop frams either.

if u would like to save videos maybe look at getting a 3tb HDD or even a 1tb SSD.. the computer can be upgraded very eaisly and the case is perfect :)

Very good choice in processor! I am going for the same one soon (rather than a skylake build)

Very good choice in processor! I am going for the same one soon (rather than a skylake build)
The processor is great, it was my first time building a PC so putting in the cpu scared me a little lol just didnt want anything to break or go wrong..

however it is just such a good CPU i was watching a stream, rendering and playing arma still getting 40-50fps without lag and it done all that without an issue ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice choice, opted for a i5 4690k instead and got a GTX 970, getting 30-40 fps in Kavala ever since. 

Last edited by a moderator:
nice choice man however when u have the money got the the i7-4790k its just amazing !
No need upgrading from i5- 4690k to i7 4790k, waste of money, not that big difference in the two processers. definatetly not worth it.

Get a 4690k and save the money. You'll get a not noticable difference with the i7
There will be a difference, the i7 is still better than the i5 no matter what (unless the i5 is overclocked that is) the price is just too high for such a small difference, unless you went with the i7 from the start, then it's k

I have a FX-8350 overclocked to 4.3GHZ and a R9 290X. I have a hard time getting past 45FPS let alone 60. I'm thinking its about time for a i7.

I have a FX-8350 overclocked to 4.3GHZ and a R9 290X. I have a hard time getting past 45FPS let alone 60. I'm thinking its about time for a i7.
I when from a FX-8350 @4.8Ghz  to a i7 4790k @4.7Ghz my FPS jumped from 25 (settings preset high 2km view)  in kavala to 50-60 on very high settings and adding extra 2km on view distance to make it 4km 

Back