What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Sandy Shores Scrap Yard

So, with imports inevitably being taken out of the server in the distant future.

With the Scrapyard now sort of being freed up with Bosh moving down to the city, my suggestion would be that the the scrapyard actually be used so that imports can actually be scrapped for a percentage of the original sale price.

So the vehicle owner could take the import car to the scrapyard, they would then have to fill out some paperwork that states what will happen to the car, agree on the price of the scrappage and then sign to say you agree on a time frame of say two weeks, this in turn would mean that the value of the cars would not all be pushed back into the city in one go as each player could only have one car in for scrap at one time across a 2 week period.

When cars are booked in, the scrap yard could work on stripping the car down for parts that can then be resold to mechanic shops to be used for custom orders, the actual chassis can then be scrapped by the government for a percentage of the value of the car.

Just a rough idea of something that could potentially be a good way for people to get rid of the imports in their garage that they cannot sell, and also allows the imports to be removed from the server in a way that all of the money is not flying back in to the economy in one go and still allow people to get a good percentage of value back on cars.

Major +1

Firstly this suggestion adds RP to finally finding a way of removing cars that people can participate in, as well as a way for the "vehicle scrapping" that police do to have a player interaction to it. People who have cars that dont sell and they realistically dont need to benefit from this, as well as just gives people the alternative instead of waiting.

It'd be nice if all car pricing spreadsheets could be combined, average upgrade values estimated (so- categories all cost the same, and just looking at engine, breaks, turbo and those kinds, not cosmetic) and getting that + the price it was given on import (due to constant price fluctuations of cars within the city) I think this could be absolutely beneficial.

+1

For those who have imported motors and are sadly sitting on an abundance of assets they can't do anything with, this sees them obtain something in return plus have an RP avenue.

Could this also be used for locally manufactured motors as well, as a last resort for people who cannot find a buyer for their assets? There would be a sacrifice in a return of money but RP would be gained.

Also a question; would age of the car or points on the REG plate be taken into consideration with the return value?

IMO this would kill the economy even more because people would be able to liquidate so easily.
I would somewhat agree, but I think if you time gate the scrappages, as in one person can only drop off one car per fortnight, you would only be able to do a maximum of two cars per month, meaning the flow of money back to players would be gradual, as opposed to a sudden influx.

I think the RP gained from this situation would massively outweigh the effect on the economy.

Major +1

Firstly this suggestion adds RP to finally finding a way of removing cars that people can participate in, as well as a way for the "vehicle scrapping" that police do to have a player interaction to it. People who have cars that dont sell and they realistically dont need to benefit from this, as well as just gives people the alternative instead of waiting.

It'd be nice if all car pricing spreadsheets could be combined, average upgrade values estimated (so- categories all cost the same, and just looking at engine, breaks, turbo and those kinds, not cosmetic) and getting that + the price it was given on import (due to constant price fluctuations of cars within the city) I think this could be absolutely beneficial.
The fact that police would be able to scrap cars here for offences is such a good idea and not even something id considered when coming up with the idea tbh, big big +1 in my opinion as could add avenues of roleplay due to having to transport car to scrapyard and engage with employees etc.

I don't think this will hurt the economy if done right. +1

Back