What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Request Turtle (Unbanned 16/12/2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Report: 

Hello dear staff. I'm here to dispute my ban that i got. 

What happend: Me and my friends got VDMed on purpose by a guy. We all died, he didn't. Since it was VDM, i respawned and came back to the guy to talk to him. He didn't say anything and stayed in his car, that was almost completely broken. I tried to communicate with him several times, all he did was running me over (with no effect with his speed). Then i told him several times to get out of the car and i tried to stop him with no effect. Regarding the three medics, who were very uncorporative and unfriendly, i couldn't even understand them well. I told them he VDMed us all, but they didn't care. So what i did was, ramming him, in the hope to disable his car completely. Later after the medics started to shout around, i decided to drive away and accidantly hit the medic suv very gently, but unfortunately it blew up, what i clearly didn't want to do. 

I later apologized several times for that explosion.

I never rammed anyone at the garage. That is absolutely not true. 

So i don't think i deserved the ban, maybe you can convince me i did? 

Regards, Mike

So let me get this right you VDM'd the guy in the police car then you just admitted to VDMing the medics vehicle killing them. Have you even read our rules? There is zero remorse in this request. Please persuade me that you are going to be someone that we want in this community.

Wrong. The guy in the police car VDMed me and three friends. Later i accidently drove into the medics SUV and it exploded and killed me and two medics. As I said, i tried to apologize to them several times but they didn't even want to talk about it. 

I would never want to VDM anyone and i know the rules very good, since i've been playing here and in other communitys already for a long time. So I am sorry about it, but the medics could have also shown a little bit of cooperation. Simply no one of them wanted to talk about what happened, neither the guy in the police car, nor the medics. So i never killed the guy in the police car, only me and the two medics later trough the accident with the suv. 

You hit the guy in the police car with your vehicle. It went flying. Doesn't matter if he died or not you tried to use your vehicle as a weapon and that is classed as VDM.

I didn't use it as a weapon, I used it to stop/disable the car. If that is considered VDM, I could report a lot of cops, admins and other people, that tried to stop me in car chases since they also use it as a "weapon" to stop me. It's the same thing, the only difference is, that car chases with police are high speed and this one was low speed. When I drive into someone with 5 kmh and his cars flies 20 meters, it's not my fault, it's armas buggy physics. 

Back to topic: It's not given in the rules what VDM is defined exactly. A lot of servers that i play in describe VDM as the act of killing someone deliberaly with your car. I didn't kill him. From the roleplay perspective: I told him to get out, to stop the car, to stop driving on me, to stop the engine and he did nothing. He continued. I warned him several times. Then i tried to disable his car. 

Since ramming is considered VDM here, what I didn't know, I want to truly apologize to you, the staff, and the guy in the police car. It wasn't my intention to break the rules and I always tried and will try to follow them. I hope I can get a second chance. 

I want to know which police, admins and other civs have done this as your accusations are a serious concern to me as both the 2IC of the police and an admin. Give me names and dates.

You seem to understand arma's buggy physics too which is why we have the rules about vdm and it is confusing me as to why you are arguing the point here.

Any other players looking at this unban, his last paragraph that he wrote would have got him unbanned with no further questions needing answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I don't know the names, because I didn't know it was illegal, otherwise i wouldn't do it myself. If you forgive me, I'll make sure to report anyone who does it to me. 

I told the point of armas physics because you said i make his vehicle fly. It wasn't my intention to make it fly.

But anyway, I didn't know about that it is illegal, because as I said, I saw a lot of people doing it and it doesn't say it clearly in the rules. (Maybe you could add it?). I'm really sorry for what I did and I like this server. If I wouldn't like it and it's community, I obviously wouldn't be here trying to get unbanned. I also appreciate it that you listen to me and answer my concern and questions. 

Any other players looking at this unban, his last paragraph that he wrote would have got him unbanned with no further questions needing answered. 
I could have just written that, but I like it more to make it clear what I did wrong, so it surely doesn't happen again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
By your own admission you know that Arma 3 physics are extremely buggy. We take no chances here with that and ban anyone even looking like they are trying to hit other vehicles to prevent potential VDMers. The ban was completely deserved.

Ensure you read our rules quoting here which rule you have broken and post your GUID, not your Arma ID, for a final chance on the server.

Rule n°5 : VDM = Instant Ban (We have a anti VDM script however running people over for run is banable and considered VDM)

GUID: 6351adecb843e5b35d19fcbebb977ba2

Unban approved for your last chance on the server. Dont use your vehicle as a weapon again.

GUID: 6351adecb843e5b35d19fcbebb977ba2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back