What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Ped - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ped

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: pedro pleed
Steam ID: 76561199226773344
Ban ID (just the numbers): 17376
Ban Reason: c2.2
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned for firing weapons in 3rd person while in a car
Why should we unban you: I believe I should be unbanned because I had no idea about this rule. From what I have heard, you need to take extra steps in order to shoot in third person. I have never been forced to go into first person when shooting in a car. Therefore, I didn't know this was a thing. I've only ever been forced to go into first person when shooting on a bike. I can only say I will not do it again now that I understand this is a rule. I do have a clip of me shooting in a car from the moment I get in the car to me shooting to prove I didn't carry out any extra steps in order to shoot in third person. The clip is 6 minutes, so I cannot link it, but I can show the clip in a Discord call if needed.

My only concern is that if I were to be unbanned, how can we resolve the issue where first-person shooting isn't forced for me? I would feel like I'm treading on eggshells from this point forward, knowing I could be instantly banned due to a bug on my end.

I appreciate the time this takes from anyone's day, but I would be happy to livestream the clip to prove myself. To this day, I'm still unsure if there is a setting in GTA that blocks first person shooting in cars. I would love to continue my journey that I had started, as I think I produce high-quality RP around the people I have met.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello there @Ped , I hope you are well.

I believe I should be unbanned because I had no idea about this rule.
Quite honestly, this is very hard to believe, considering the forced 1st person in vehicles has been a thing for a very long time now and there has been multiple announcements made in various places about it. I appreciate you are not part of a whitelisted gang and some of these may have slipped past you because of that, but nonetheless, it would be odd for you to not have known at all.

Either way, why did it not strike you as odd that a bike would force 1st person and a car would not? Now, onto how to resolve this in the future - What do you think would be a good way to go about that?

I don't doubt this is hard to believe. If I had known this was a rule, my appeal would have been very different, and I would have taken a different approach. When I realized I was banned and understood the reason, it was a shock to me. Considering I had just been unbanned for a C2.2, this is a situation I would have avoided at all costs. This could potentially be considered neglect on my part, as I never check RPUK's Discord.

To be completely honest, I thought being forced into 1st person on the bike was a bug on my end. The idea of not going into 1st person in a car never even crossed my mind. I have just learned that even shooting outside of a car on foot is meant to put you in 1st person. I have never been forced into 1st person while on foot either. I have just gone through clips that I have to check. I would rather have this fixed if possible.

I'm not entirely sure how to resolve the bug issue, but I can suggest manually putting myself into 1st person before pulling out a gun. However, this would put me at a disadvantage compared to players who are automatically forced into 1st person. If there is a setting that might be preventing the forced 1st person view, I am willing to screen share and go through all my settings to prevent this from happening in the future.

I apologise for this situation and promise to avoid it in the future if I am unbanned. I appreciate your reply.

Thank you,
Pedro

If you thought it was a bug then why didn't you think to report it as a bug?

Malicious or not, intentional or not. It was done. To the point we're here now.

There were warnings posted. Word of mouth. Common sense.
Why should we consider letting you back if you conveniently failed all three of the above?

Good afternoon, hope all is well.

I didn't report this because I didn't think anything of it while it happened. It's only now, looking back, that I realize this was meant to happen. I don't use bikes for combat. It was more when I did things such as putting my middle finger up, and that's when it would put me in first person on the bike.

I also don't check the Discord. I didn't even know warnings were posted in the Discord. I understand this is neglect on my part, but I can only work on self-improvement. I guess this is something I can consider in the future if I'm unbanned.

The downside of word of mouth is that the people I play with (myself included) don't talk about RP outside of the city, so it was a missed message from all of us. However, it's only me experiencing the 'not being forced into 1st person' issue. Considering I had no idea that I was meant to be forced into 1st person, it was almost impossible to figure out that I was in the wrong.

I believe I should be unbanned because I do bring quality RP to the city. I've gained a lot of contacts around the city. I branch out and don't stick to one path. I've explored most areas of the city, such as crafting, NPC jobs, island trips, and dabbling in guns, creating friendships and enemies along the way, making the experience fun and interesting for everyone around me. I've come this far with only a few hiccups along the way, which everyone experiences. We learn and improve as we go. Just before the ban, I was in mid-discussion with someone regarding buying a business, so my intentions were only positive towards creating quality RP in this server.

Thank you for your response.

Pedro

I mean do you check change logs?

Or the report a player section?

Do you only use the dicord when YOU need something?
I can get not paying much attention to every channel but announcements. Surely they're important to check right?

In all honesty, I do not check change logs, but I do go through ban appeals every now and then. I've just never seen anything about 3rd/1st person shooting. I do believe I was banned on the same day as the first warning post about 1st person shooting.

I guess it could look like I only use Discord when I need something because I opened a ticket about this situation. Other than that, I avoid going through any Discord channel because I never get along with the layout. Other than opening that ticket, I have never used RPUK's Discord.

I do understand that checking these channels are important, however, I clearly didn't understand that prior to the ban. I am willing to add this to the task list so I am always up to date with everything if I were to be unbanned. I can only be honest and say I've never looked at these channels before
and draw a line with an apology and promise to check these channels in the future because I now understand how important they are.

Thank you for your response.

Pedro

Good evening @Ped

I hope all is well today?

What would you do differently if something like this happens again?

Everything is wonderful, thank you. I hope all is well for you also.

Now that I have an understanding of RPUK's system, I would clip the situation and report it through Discord, raising the issue to any staff. On top of that, I would keep up to date with any important information that RPUK posts to Discord.

Thank you for your reply.

Pedro

Good afternoon @Ped

Thank you for your replies and your honesty in this, I hope you take this an a learning experience.

Don't waste this chance.

Any bans in the next 6 months will bring you back here.

Unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back