What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - B_JB17 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_JB17

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Ben Jani
Steam ID: 76561198077167430
Ban ID (just the numbers): 17208
Ban Reason: G3.1
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned under G3.1 OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages. I was banned after being pulled and questioned by staff after the situation. I was banned under this rule as staff were under the impression at the time that I had metagamed when I was picked up out of a car by another member of the community whilst down after a gun fight.
Why should we unban you: I believe I should be unbanned as I never broke this rule, or any rule for that matter. I was put in the boot of a car along with Josh (another Grove member) after being downed during a fight with Cutlass. Whilst I was in the boot I heard someone approach, they spoke to Josh and Josh informed them that I was in the boot. We were then both taken to the hospital and saved. I now know the reason we were saved is because the member that found us is trying to get in Grove's good books in the hopes of hanging around for us. When asked by staff if I knew the individual that saved me, my initial answer was no. I think it was a confusing question for me because I wasn't sure if I was being asked if I knew this individual OOC or in game. I know the individual OOC and as an old character that used to be in Grove, but I had not yet been introduced to his new character but I know he has been to turf a few times.

The reason staff believe that this was metagamed is due to the fact that Josh was streaming his game in a Grove vc to members of the gang that are either banned or old members that don't play anymore but wanted to watch the fight for entertainment. It is my understanding that the other member of the community that saved us doesn't have permissions to join the said VC we were in so it is impossible for him to have metagamed our location from Josh's stream, but I won't go into that too much as that is for himself to explain in his own appeal.

As I was in a boot the whole time, I had no idea where we were dumped as my screen was black, nor was I watching Josh's stream to know where we were dumped. I don't remember if I was even in the VC or not at the time to watch the stream. From my POV, I was not streaming nor did I relay any information I knew in game to anyone OOC. I was simply found as a result of being in the vehicle with Josh with its engine running and lights on.

As I expect staff will ask about the situation when we were pulled, at the time there was some clear confusion from myself as I was found in the vehicle and saved. I was questioned by staff about metagaming and how we were found. For me this explains the lack of synergy between the stories from myself, Josh and the other member of the community who found us. My initial confusion was genuine, I had no idea why I had been pulled or why I was being questioned for metagaming.

I don't play the server to intentionally go around breaking rules. I have never been banned or reported previously. I try to provide the best RP possible at all times. If given another chance to prove myself, I'd like staff to know that should I suspect a rule has been broken in the future, even if it is by my own gang, I will come forward to staff immediately to prevent myself being in this position again.

Thank you to whichever staff takes the time to read this appeal.

Ben.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Were you in a Discord call with the other users at the time?

Hi,

Thanks for reading and responding to my appeal.

As I said to staff after the incident, I was in the discord call before I logged onto the server and was deafened for the whole time that I was in game.

I understand that this is not allowed after talking to staff, but there was no malicious intent in this at all.

I don't remember if I was even in the VC or not at the time to watch the stream.
So first you don´t remember if you were even in the call...

I was in the discord call before I logged onto the server and was deafened for the whole time that I was in game.
And then you were, but you were deafened?

Tell me more...

Hi Sammy,

There was a significant amount of time between me being banned and me appealing, so I apologise about the confusion in writing about the situation.

I was simply found in the boot of the car and was defeated the whole time in the VC.

Good evening @B_JB17

I hope all is well today?

I think there is more to say then a line to text, don't you think? If you aren't going to put effort in then this appeal will not be entertained

Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back