What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Robert Downey (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poe Dameron

In-game Name
Robert Downey

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
12/13/2015

Member of the team that banned you.
Neo

Reason given for your ban.
VDM

The Server you initially was banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, Please type why you think you was banned
Banned for going 'beyond' what was okay in a desperate police chase, my intention was NEVER to hit or intentionally cause damage to other police cars. From Neo's POV i can see why and where it went to far. But i'll try to explain as well as i can. Before i start i have a certain issue which needs to be addressed. I have really bad earphones, my left speaker does not work. So trying to figure out where cars/sirens come from is near impossible to me (except 3rd person looking behind/around me). There is no excuse for it, but i want it to be understood.

Before the last minutes of the chase i did not hit nor come close to any 'VDM' cases. During the chase a civilian joined inn trying to hit me off the road, which ALMOST ended really bad. I was driving as fast as possible down a solid straight road when i had this brilliant idea of taking a hard left to try to go offroad to shake them off. Which i think is where a cop car hit the far back end of my car..

I have this bug where when my car gets hit the wheels turn uncontrollably to the left without me wanting to. It usually takes me some 'smashing' of my keyboard to make it work proper again. During this i went onto the road, did a 360 left standstill turn which ended up me hitting Neo i think.. Which i do agree that it was where it went to far, tho i did NOT see him come at me like that.. so purposely i did not try to hit the car, but i can see that as the ground works of my ban.

I tried to roll away as my wheels where being taken out, when i had to stop i jumped out and knew the chase was over. This is where Neo said 'you are being deported off the island' or something along those lines.

Tho i NEVER hit any civilians nor cop players, being told that i was using my car as a ramming vehicle (which was NOT my intention, neither ever is) i do acknowledge my own missteps.

Why should we unban you.
ALUK has a high bar for roleplay, which i love. I've played on this server back and forth for over a year now, there is no server like this. Not for me at least. I always get on the server to enjoy myself, roleplay and have a great time. I understand where it went to far, and i acknowledge myself breaking the VDM rule.

VDM - Vehicle Death Match Definition:

'Using your vehicle for running people over, using it to ram into other vehicles in and outside combat, using a vehicle with the purpose of making it explode are all considered a form of VDM here (Punishment is a ban)'

I have followed the rules to the highest so far, I've taken a step back to think about it and realized my mistakes. This will NOT be repeated by any chance if given another opportunity back onto the server.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem I have with this report is you have a ban on record for VDM back in march, and you were given a final chance.

Although you claim a bug, I would like @Neo for his input.

I do not weigh the bug as a cause for the incident, tho the issue was present my actions did not totally rely on the bug but affected by it.

The VDM back in March was a friend of mine from a different RP server, i was writing to him personally on Steam cause i came in contact with him in-game on this server. We had a past which involved messing around in King of The Hill servers etc so my excitement got the best of me and i ran him over in like 5km speed.

Not an excuse either, he wrote to me some days later apologizing etc regarding it. Since then i've been active on the server avoiding any incidents or rulebreaks until this happened. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In detail explain the VDM rule for us

3A) VDM stands for Vehicle Death Match. 

Using a vehicle for running people over for whatever reason, using it to ram into a vehicle to cause it to explode.

Using a vehicle as a weapon itself is violations to the VDM rule.

I am fully aware of the rules and do my best to fully follow them as detailed and explained. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back