What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Turbulence Adjustments

ExScylla

Shalom all,

Hope everyone is well.

Brief Summary;

Fix turbulence on smaller, fixed-wing planes to make them flyable in conditions that aren't perfect. (light rain, low visibility etc)

Detailed Suggestion;
With the new update brought a weather fix so that there is more of a chance of different weather climates. This is super cool.
However, with that brings more storms & rain by the looks of it - also cool!

My suggestion today is about the violent turbulence with fixed-wing aircraft (any plane). With helicopters, the turbulence seems pretty normal and definitely manageable.
However, with some smaller aircraft in even the lightest amount of rain, it's almost unflyable. Your wings get rocked heavily, it turns you off course and it obviously makes landing extremely hard since GTA mechanics don't really allow for proper crosswind landings.
If the GTA flying mechanics were better, there would be no suggestion to make. However, small aircraft become incredibly hard to fly in even the slightest of rain.

My suggestion would be to adjust the turbulence ever so slightly so that people who enjoy flying their aircraft in the city can do so in light rain and lower visibility conditions.
Obviously you wouldn't fly in a lightning storm. Since the weather in GTA covers the entire map, there is no way of avoiding the bad weather like in real life.
Adjusting the turbulence on planes would mean we could enjoy our big purchases even more and continue that avenue of RP in the less favourable weather.

Ideally, it would just be a minor trim on the turbulence, rather than a total overhaul or turning it off completely.
In the dream scenario, turbulence would still be there. However, it just wouldn't rock your wings as much or set you off course as much.
I like flying in turbulence, but it's much too frequent and harsh in anything other than perfect, sunny conditions.

I know in base GTA there is a pilot skill. When you gain more skill on this, turbulence (especially in helicopters) becomes easier to manage. This could also be another way of changing things, a pilot skill so to speak.

FAQ;
Isn't this a skill issue?
Hardly. GTA 5 flying mechanics aren't designed to be a simulation. We cannot do certain things in GTA that would allow us to battle turbulence & bad weather like we would IRL.

Why don't you just not fly in bad weather?
With the weather fix, it seems there is a larger probability of worse weather than the typical summer day. IMO, this reduces to aviation RP we can have on the server if I cannot just fly.
Not to mention, planes are a hefty price. I'd like to enjoy my purchases.

Can't you learn to fight turbulence?
As stated, GTA really doesn't allow for you too manage turbulence easy (not that it's easy IRL, but we have things to help).

Pros;
- More RP for people who enjoy flying
- Works hand in hand with the new weather fix
- Might save people from dying if they steal a local and cannot land properly with harsh turbulence
- Perhaps gain more aviation RP to LS-Air for flying lessons etc
- Literally, less effing and blinding from me when my plane shakes like a shitting dog.

Cons;
- Development time (hopefully not too much!)
- People might enjoy harsh turbulence

Last edited:
No but it could be. The same way as standard GTA deals with it as demonstrated below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I did think about this and saw this during my lil bit of research.

Either way would be great - probably would create some nice RP for aviation enthusiasts if we had to gain skill, just like every profession.

Thanks for the information!

+1 From me! I noticed I have to park up my heli a lot quicker now with the new weather, But I also love the new weather!

Maybi they can implement the flying skill that you will unlock after passing your flyin lessons or after you buy your pilots license?

Back