What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Should we have designated lawyers ?

Lawyer Licences

• No we shouldnt

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Yes we should

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters

ScottyUK

Former SGT Paros
I was thinking we should have a lawyer licence and you can buy the licence at a place called Altis Lawyers and it would cost maybe around 500k

We dont even have a court, also, "bountyhunters are a great idea!".

people will go around as laywers thinking they are above the law, and can enter everywhere all the time

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont even have a court, also, "bountyhunters are a great idea!".

people will go around as laywers thinking they are above the law, and can enter everywhere all the time
You have a good point ppl will then say haha im a lawyer I don't need to go by the speed limit.

I geuss

I can see thia making for incredibly tedious and long winded RP. Court cases take up to several years in real life and processing criminals will feel like that length of time in game with lawyers. 

People complain about a 40 minute sentence but RP with Lawyers will extend that sentence effectively. I voted no.  :p

The problem with this idea is the amount of time it will take to process a single person.
Is everyone as per British law entitled to a lawyer?
Do you have to wait for that lawyer to arrive to represent you?
What if there are no lawyers available?
What will the lawyer actually be able to do to help your situation?
Will the lawyer have any real power outside of what can already be achieved through roleplaying as one?
If the lawyer is unable to arrive for a set amount of time should the police wait for him/her?

6 quick questions that immediately make this idea a problem. Find answers to these and the others that people will have and it may be a good idea, but as it stands you may as well just roleplay as a lawyer with consenting officers.
It's a no from me until you come up with some detail.

Not lawyers, they're called barristers in the UK and British colonies and stuff like that

<3

The problem with this idea is the amount of time it will take to process a single person.
What if there are no lawyers available?
What will the lawyer actually be able to do to help your situation?
Will the lawyer have any real power outside of what can already be achieved through roleplaying as one?
If the lawyer is unable to arrive for a set amount of time should the police wait for him/her?

6 quick questions that immediately make this idea a problem. Find answers to these and the others that people will have and it may be a good idea, but as it stands you may as well just roleplay as a lawyer with consenting officers.
It's a no from me until you come up with some detail.
Answering the questions:

Right to counsel means a defendant has a right to have the assistance of counsel (i.e., lawyers), and if the defendant cannot afford a lawyer, requires that the government appoint one or pay the defendant's legal expenses. The right to counsel is generally regarded as a constituent of the right to a fair trial. Historically, however, not all countries have always recognized the right to counsel. The right is often included in national constitutions. 153 of the 194 constitutions currently in force have language to this effect.

The police constable/constables, the suspect and the lawyer/solicitor should join an interrogation room on teamspeak.What if there are no lawyers available?

In that case the suspect shall defend himself.What will the lawyer actually be able to do to help your situation?

if such feature is created on the server the lawyer shall contest the acusations, with foundation of course, and the constable(s) shall reevaluate the situation.Will the lawyer have any real power outside of what can already be achieved through roleplaying as one?

if such feature is created on the server any contestment from the suspect shall be ignored unless he has a lawyer.If the lawyer is unable to arrive for a set amount of time should the police wait for him/her?

that will not be a problem if a teamspeak interrogation room system is implemented.

best regards,

balonimc aka Steve McBaloni

Gang Members trying to get each other out of carrying illegal weapons, Sounds Tedious, Lawyer licence costs 1 Million and if the lawyer is jailed they lose it, Make it purely legal and it would be a better idea, but as above Solicitors is right

Being a lawyer is my dream job, wanting to go to University to study Law so this would be amazing XD

In Scotland, we have the following:

Procurator Fiscal: Is the one who basically tries to send the criminal to jail

Lawyer: Basically tries to stop the criminal going to jail.

To do all of this though we will need judges in the server, so they will need to get white listed so they aren't one sided.

I voted 'no' because the people that are getting the liscence are probably only going to help their friends out.

I know that their are amazing people that really want to RP as a lawyer.

But I know the most people aren't going create a good RP situation with the cops.

Back