What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Recording program

MrRabbit

Legendary Donator
Legendary Donator
What recording program do you recommend?

I use shadowplay, but that makes some FPS drop now and then..

Which one do you recommend? I will record with 1080p

GTX 780 - Shadowplay

It shouldnt make any frames drop... its using the second core of your GPU thats reserved for it ?.....

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wilco, I use GTX 760 shadowplay, that causes framedrop of 5-10 out of normal.

Got any suggestion in how to fix that?

Depends on your hardware, OBS is great and there are some helpful youtube videos regarding setup! 

I've tried OBS, but I dont get 1080P with it, Only shitty graphic
What GPU and CPU do you have. The more headroom you have the more resources you can devote to compression. Also, are you recording to a seprate drive?

If your using Shadowplay, try to ensure that Shadowplay is not saving the files is uses on the same hard drive as your operating system or your Arma 3 installation. If you're using a non-SSD drive with the OS, Arma 3 and Shadowplay all hammering it at the same time, you will notice a significant drop in performance when shadowplay is enabled.

I use Raptr which is installed with the gaming evolved app for AMD cards but I'm pretty sure it works with newer Nvidia cards too. I've set it to record the last 10 mins in 1080p with all audio and the file sizes are very reasonable (~500mb for 10 mins). It automatically enables itself when you open a game and you just press ctrl+/ to save the video to where ever you choose. I haven't noticed any drop in performance, even when saving. PC is an i7 4770K, 16GB, AMD 7950 3GB so not sure what it's like on lower end systems.

I use fraps for the FPS overlay but I wouldn't recommend it for recording; the file sizes are too big and it has a big impact on FPS. Raptr supposedly has an FPS overlay but it doesn't work for me.

If you want framerate retention without using shadowplay or raptr then it's OBS OBS OBS. OBS is great for framerate, with a decent quality 1080p recording I'll be on 25+ barring Kavala. 

I use shadowplay when i want good quality and good compression. When i want the processor left alone i use DXTory with a lossless codec, very low compression so more free CPU, takes alot of diskspace though.

For casual gameplay shadowplay is fine, nice quality and saves disk space, for games where framerate is important and you don't really care about the hd space use DXtory , this last one is not free so take that into consideration.

GTX 780 - Shadowplay

It shouldnt make any frames drop... its using the second core of your GPU thats reserved for it ?.....
@Wilco I heard that there is a designated chip on the PCB for shadowplay :) I use shadowplay aswell, its the best :)

I would say Dxtory is the best one. on both quality and sound, also when i record it improves my frames as i've putten it to use all of my cpu threads.

@Wilco perhaps its time for a sticky in a relevant subforum for this kind of information (one good place would be report a player for obvious reason) and links to all the different solutions, as it gets asked so frequently.

Back