What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Prison times changed

Nikki Nixon

Lost MC
So rather than saying you have 120 months in prison. just say 2 hours. As it kinda makes no sense at all. When you're in jail and tell someone your in for 120 months thats going down in minutes. or like you have 1440 months but you're in the yard telling people "I will be out tomorrow" Its just something in RP that you have to kinda ignore/RP around,

1440 months is 120 years (Life in prison). But we treat it as 24 hours. I think it would be better and would make more sense just to say real amounts of time. Be easier to understand for new players too, The times said and given do not really show on the times roleplayed by everyone doing that time.

Anyone who has had a few 100/1000 months has more than likely googled there months (minutes) to hours and depending on the amounts to days to see how long you really have. And changing it to real times will make it so you know when you're getting out. Anything over 24 hours you then just say how many days you have in jail.

Big +1 - i have even encountered many police just tell me that im going to prison for 2 hours and 30 mins for example and then saying clean tables you be out in 1 hour, just makes alot more sense

-1, Would not want to hear anyone say the words "You're going to jail for 3 hours"? Sounds pretty shit to me. Keep the way it is. Seems ridicolous to change it to something which would sound awful to hear in any setting.
"You going to bollingbrooke for 4 hours for robbery, dangerous driving and failure to stop." or "You going to bollingbrooke for 240Months for robbery, dangerous driving and failure to stop."

-1, Would not want to hear anyone say the words "You're going to jail for 3 hours"? Sounds pretty shit to me. Keep the way it is. Seems ridicolous to change it to something which would sound awful to hear in any setting.
"You going to bollingbrooke for 4 hours for robbery, dangerous driving and failure to stop." or "You going to bollingbrooke for 240Months for robbery, dangerous driving and failure to stop."
But does it also not look and sound silly when you say 500 months and then see them the next day?

The whole point of saying months instead of minutes is to not break RP, saying "I'm in prison for attempted murder but im only in here for 2 hours" is just shit roleplay. Not everything can be transferred from real life into the game, in some cases you just kinda have to go with the flow of things. Same thing when youre lagging people say they are having "headaches" and everyone understands what they are saying but they dont need to detour and go pharmacy to buy Paracetamol. Saying minutes is just bad RP imo - if it were to be changed I would saying change so it fits the GTA time, a day on GTA is roughly 45 minutes so if you have a '4 day sentence' its roughly 3 hours. I'd still prefer it how it is now but that would be a better solution instead of "minutes"

Either way it’s going to sound a lil confusing in RP, I get where you’re coming from but I don’t think it’s worth the devs time to change it

Back