What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Need a tech expert

Holmes-

Hey 

I need some help. I cant connect to my schools internet as the only one in my class. Which means that we are 22 students and i am the only who cant connect to the schools internet. Can anyone help me so i can go on my schools network, it is only the WLAN network. I can connect through a LAN cable but it is not optimal. I have an ASUS X555L.

Btw it happened after the school implemented a new network 

On the picture it says "No internet connection, open" i have windows 10.

Hope someone knows what i cna do about it :)

13081742_10208474913501725_1809040477_n.jpg

Go to your schools IT Support, they'll be able to trouble shooting best.

Try 'forgetting' the network and try again.  If they have upgraded the network they may have changed a few backend settings.

Failing that... @Zeitois the man :)

Go to your schools IT Support, they'll be able to trouble shooting best.

Try 'forgetting' the network and try again.  If they have upgraded the network they may have changed a few backend settings.

Failing that... @Zeitois the man :)
I already talked with the IT supporters on my school, but they have given up on me. I have also tried forgetting the network. :/

@Holmes-How does the network in your school work? Do you use a Pre-Shared Key/password you type in such as 'SchoolWifi2016', do you login to a pop-up window with your School ID and personal password? Or is it a 'Captive Portal' type system where it connects, but when you visit a website such as google.com, you're redirected to a login page?

Additionally, when connected if you connect to the network and right-click on your network icon in the bottom-right and click 'Network and sharing centre' can you include a screenshot of this window? 

Also try this when you connect to the wifi (lan unplugged):

Click Start -> type 'CMD' and press enter to open command prompt -> Type 'ipconfig /release' -> when it finishes type 'ipconfig /renew'

don't include the quote marks when typing. This will make your wifi adapter request a new IP address from the schools network and hopefully re-establish the connection.

@Jamz the best mod ever, can you move this thread into the dark lair that is 'Tech Discussion'?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Holmes-How does the network in your school work? Do you use a Pre-Shared Key/password you type in such as 'SchoolWifi2016', do you login to a pop-up window with your School ID and personal password? Or is it a 'Captive Portal' type system where it connects, but when you visit a website such as google.com, you're redirected to a login page?

Additionally, when connected if you connect to the network and right-click on your network icon in the bottom-right and click 'Network and sharing centre' can you include a screenshot of this window? 

Also try this when you connect to the wifi (lan unplugged):

Click Start -> type 'CMD' and press enter to open command prompt -> Type 'ipconfig /release' -> when it finishes type 'ipconfig /renew'

don't include the quote marks when typing. This will make your wifi adapter request a new IP address from the schools network and hopefully re-establish the connection.

@Jamz the best mod ever, can you move this thread into the dark lair that is 'Tech Discussion'?
Thx Zeito! :) It works now :D

I am presuming that it was the ip refresh that did it. but what concerns me is that he already took it to their tech's and they had no idea ?!?!?!?

Oh dear .... oh dear !!! 

I am presuming that it was the ip refresh that did it. but what concerns me is that he already took it to their tech's and they had no idea ?!?!?!?

Oh dear .... oh dear !!! 
Backend networking can be quite complex

But ipconfig is like basic of basic hahaah there IT must be geniuses.

Backend networking can be quite complex

But ipconfig is like basic of basic hahaah there IT must be geniuses.
not in a school it aint ;) 

Woohoo We keep our ISO 9000 accreditation, Had the auditors around today, that was unpleasant !

not in a school it aint ;) 

Woohoo We keep our ISO 9000 accreditation, Had the auditors around today, that was unpleasant !
When i hear 'auditors' i just book time off.

Amen to that..
In our old office I walked into the storeroom to get something and found this big box of backup tapes. @lionel i think i showed you this before haha

J7bn42j.png

Back