What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

MAX FPS

Mclovininin

Unlinked
Recently i have been interested to upgrade my PC to play ARMA 3 specifically. 

I recently bought a Geforce 760 as my other one was real old but i have realized that my CPU is just as important, ATM my processor is an AMD 3.2 GHz. which by my understanding is not very good.

I have heard things as more core are better for ARMA but also that GHz is just as important. 

Now my first question is, Why is the intel CPU i5 with 3.4GHz better than an AMD version for the same price but 4.7 GHz and 8 cores?

Also  will post my Specs below and please tell me what i should upgrade first purely to increase FPS in ARMA.

also please recommend the items too, my price range is around £200-£250 but that can change depending on the mass amount my PC will change. 

SPECS:

AMD FX-6100 SixCore Proccesor 3.30GHz

nVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 (Asus)

8.00 RAM

dont know the exact hardrive but its not SSD

Have a look at this  & this 

It may help but pound for pound Intel chips at the moment give you better performance the AMD chips available at the moment have poor architecture design & are just not as good as Intel.

Also take a look at Custom PC magazine they have a good section that breaks down components from Budget PC to super hi end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cores and core speed is important, yes. But to get the most out of those cores relies on a good core architecture. AMD have decent processors out there, don't write them off as crap just because you can't play Arma. The reason intel processors are better is simply their architecture and the way they are designed, such as negating the use of the northbridge on the motherboard, this allows data to be transported around your system a lot faster.

AMD are damn good for gaming if put with the correct chipset with a fair amount of RAM, a good GPU and if possible, an SSD.

I run one of the original AMD Phenom II 6-cores, the 1055T until next month when i upgrade to intel core i7, coupled with 16Gb RAM, a couple of SSD's and CrossFire AMD R9 290X cards. I get a reasonable FPS on Altis Life dependant on a few factors listed here:

Server load, the amount of players and destruction done to the server can affect everyone, it's not just you.

General speed of PC, running a lot of background applications will eat away at your RAM and CPU, only run what is necessary.

in all honesty, any X60 series from NVidia won't max out Arma under any circumstances, Titans and single GTX 780Ti's will struggle as well.

Try an intel core i5 3570K, 8Gb RAM (minimum i would recommend for a gaming rig, i would suggest 16Gb), an SSD as your primary boot drive with some space for the games you play most, an X80 series card from NVidia (replace X with 6 or 7 series) and a decent motherboard. should notice a lot of improvements.

Back