What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Looking for a new graphicscard.

tristanboy15

Banned
Hi guys,

Since I have ever bought this computer I haven't changed anything to it. It's a Medion i5 3350p Akoya PC. This computer was really cheap, but the graphicscard sucks and I can't even play Arma properly on it. The graphicscard is a GeForce GTX650 (someone shoot me in my head because it's so shit). I'm thinking of buying a GeForce GTX 1050TI but I want to hear some suggestions from your side too, what should I buy?

Tristan

What is your budget? I recently bought a 1060, just under 300 euro's. Very good card for its price. Only thing is, Arma is more CPU intensive than GPU. Allthough a big GPU change will make a difference in Arma, if you are looking for real performance increase, you should look at upgrading your CPU... What CPU are you running at the moment?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. First of all you said "Cheap Computer", this prompt me to thinks you might not even have the correct PSU to power the card.

Next thing to consider is does your PSU have the correct pin connectors to plug into the card? 

If yes, now we need to make sure your CPU will not brick your GPU's power. 

Make sure you check over all these things before you just spend money on a card.

Also make sure you're going to be able to fit it in your case.

Just a edit - I have a MSI 1050TI OC edition and it's a little beast. I highly recommend the card.

Corregize me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure my PSU is 450w. I have a 6 pin connector and that one needs a 6 pin connector. The 1050ti im looking at needs 300W. 

I want to buy this one but not sure if I should; https://azerty.nl/msi/948549/gtx-1050-ti-gaming-x-4g-grafische-kaart-gf-gtx-1050-ti?gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQAqFL76BQ-Nu0zdRtMRBkyqoU7rOkUtLIQh7nRCeQcOqpcgKAaAhVT8P8HAQ

My budget is really below 180 euros because I have a lot of repairs I need to pay.
If you remove the side of your case, you should be able to see the wattage of the PSU on the top or side of it. You'll need at least 300w for the GPU you've linked.

It does indeed require 1x 6pin PCI-E power connector and obviously a full-length PCI-E slot, so ensure you have the slot for it in your PC. If you want to take a photo and upload it we can take a better look. 

I'm struggling to find your exact desktop model, but so long as you have space, power, and the connectors, you're good to go!

If you remove the side of your case, you should be able to see the wattage of the PSU on the top or side of it. You'll need at least 300w for the GPU you've linked.

It does indeed require 1x 6pin PCI-E power connector and obviously a full-length PCI-E slot, so ensure you have the slot for it in your PC. If you want to take a photo and upload it we can take a better look. 

I'm struggling to find your exact desktop model, but so long as you have space, power, and the connectors, you're good to go!
Yep, it's a 450W. I checked it and I'll try to look up the PC for you.

http://www.mediamarkt.be/nl/product/_medion-desktop-pc-p5358-f-akoya-intel-core-i5-3350p-1271922.html

Thanks, looks like it comes in a pretty groovy case. If you fill out this: http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

it'll give you an estimate of the PSU you need. I plugged in your CPU, the 1050TI, 1x SATA 7.2k RPM disk, a fan and it came out below 300W so you should be fine.

If you did need to get a new PSU for whatever reason Corsair Builder Series are a) low priced, b) pretty good c) come with every connector you might ever need.

But you should be fine.

you might want to consider upgrading to 16GB of ram as well if you dont already have it. DDR3 ram is pretty cheap these days.

www.crucial.com will be able to scan your system and advise you on RAM and SSD upgrades should you wish. 8GB of DDR3 RAM shouldnt really be any more than around €40 i think.

Piriform is awesome and it allows you to call instructions so is lots of fun for detailing small businesses :) 
I like that their company name means 'Pear Shaped'. Always a giggle.

What is your budget? I recently bought a 1060, just under 300 euro's. Very good card for its price. Only thing is, Arma is more CPU intensive than GPU. Allthough a big GPU change will make a difference in Arma, if you are looking for real performance increase, you should look at upgrading your CPU... What CPU are you running at the moment?
My CPU is a 3350p if I'm correct, I don't know if another i5 cpu will make a change because I like to stay cheap.

Im really stupid sometimes when it comes up to computers so tell me if I'm wrong and where I could possibly find it

My CPU is a 3350p if I'm correct, I don't know if another i5 cpu will make a change because I like to stay cheap.

Im really stupid sometimes when it comes up to computers so tell me if I'm wrong and where I could possibly find it
Fastest way is just to right click This Computer in the file manager and select properties. It will tell you your CPU right there =).

Back