What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Legal Local Job Income

Teej McGee

I'd like to propose an idea to discuss on how to grasp more control on the income of some local jobs, following a discussion in the Development channel on Discord.

The ideas could be either;

- 1. After being clocked on for X amount of hours, a Job's Pay-Rate is decreased by Y%.
OR
- 2. Capping how many hours Citizens can be clocked onto a legal job for, before a NIL payout is presented for anymore work done.
OR
- 3. Citizens are only Legally allowed to be clocked in for X amount of time per week/day on one legal job.

PROS

- Potential better grasp of control of the current economy
- Less min/max
- More roleplay engagement of other scenes which may have died down, especially illegal routes of income
- Better sense of realism to jobs
- Specifically for number 3, this could create an opportunity for police to roleplay on the spot checks for workers on legal work hours and vice versa for people to roleplay overworking illegally

CONS
- Dev work
- May feel more grindy, i.e. "I gotta get my 2 hours of binning in"
- May limit new players to income first joining
- Negative effect on other legal jobs, such as taxi and mechanic

- 3. Citizens are only Legally allowed to be clocked in for X amount of time per week/day on one legal job.
This makes sense in some aspects IE Bin lorries (If not a ratloader) and Fuel /shop deliveries as they all technically run HGV vehicles by DVLA standards meaning that there is a limit irl that is followed and could be translated into game. However its the tracking side that causes the issues for now.

- 1. After being clocked on for X amount of hours, a Job's Pay-Rate is decreased by Y%.
everyone is always clocked in as a mechanic/bin man/whatever, so that wouldn't work the way you probably think

Back