What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

GTA RP - Police stingers not deploying

Smith

Krypton
Unlinked

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Maxwell Smith
Steam ID: 76561198073420617
Date: Oct 20, 2024
Time: 19:20
Provide a one sentence summary of the bug: Police stingers not deploying
Provide a full description of the bug: Hello,

Ever since we moved to the new stingers (the ones with the nice roll out animation) they have been extremely unreliable in terms of deploying them. More specifically, if you place stingers, then pick them back up, 90% of the time you cannot then deploy them again, after having picked them up. Putting them back in the armoury and getting fresh ones out does not resolve the issue. The only way to try to resolve it is to put them back in the armoury and then relog. This makes deploying stringers in pursuits incredibly unreliable and frustrating.
Link(s) To Any Screenshots/Footage Of The Bug:

I've had no issues at all whilst testing them so if you have any way to reproduce it everytime that would be useful

they dont work if you deploy them whilst moving, at least thats what i found

they dont work if you deploy them whilst moving, at least thats what i found
I've not seen the issues but surely that would mean if your setting up a stinger site it has to be predetermined which is annoying as ideally it would be better to see the vehicle coming and place them based off of there direction when coming towards you

no i mean, you as a character has to be stood still to deploy

Moving as in walking? or whilst in a vehicle?
Moving is not an Issue. You can still deploy them while running/walking around. The issue occurs when you attempt to put spikes in a high traffic area where there is a lot of players/ things. It seems that half the time the game takes extra long sometimes to register that you clicked to use the spike strip so it's put down with a delay and the other half is the spike gets "consumed" from your inv but no matter how long you wait the spike doesn't deploy causing a glitch where not only you lost the spike strip but the animation for placing it doesn't happen and the game doesn't let you place another one ( I presume this is for the same reason you cannot use 2 spikes at once - I.e. you never "used the first spike" )

I can get you some videos of RPU recreating this issue if you'd wish

I’ve had this issue since the new stingers came out, and unfortunately it’s seems completely random with no solid way to replicate or error in the console log

Back