What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Game Recorder

Farmer Giles

Anyone recommend  a game recorder? 

I use xplit game caster atm, but i cant do voice activation on it and you can hear my breathing and alot of background noise. 

I want to look for one where you can use voice activation, has a fps overlay, produces good quality videos, and dosent have an overly large file size! I also dont have a nvidia card so no shadow play. 

Honestly, its going to be hard to find:

A ) A voice activation one.

B ) Small file sizes.

If you want to reduce breathing noise, honestly, a more professional mic with a good breath guard might be in order.

The main reason about the file sizes, is that most recording programs don't like to encode video into more efficient formats on the fly because its a massive drain on CPU and Disk resources. This one is a hit you're probably gonna just have to take. Regardless of recording software, I would expect at least 5GB per 10 minutes of video, or somewhere near that.

I've used Fraps in the past, and its nice, but always annoyed me that I have to activate it all the time.

I'm now using ShadowPlay and honestly, I'm falling in love with it and want to have it's babies..

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are wanting one that is pretty customizable, I really do recommend using OBS. It takes a while to tweak it for your system but there are Youtube videos out there that can help.

You could always get Dxtory if you are willing to pay but I have had a few issues with it recently, hence why I switched to OBS. 

If you are wanting one that is pretty customizable, I really do recommend using OBS. It takes a while to tweak it for your system but there are Youtube videos out there that can help.

You could always get Dxtory if you are willing to pay but I have had a few issues with it recently, hence why I switched to OBS.
what he said, try bandicam never had a problem with it before

Thanks everyone, ive used obs, but dont really like it, i can never get good quality with it! Im going to try action! 

OBS has got everything you need apart from the FPS overlay (I think there maybe a plugin for that). There are some great youtube guides out there. FYI the voice activation you speak of is officially called a Noise Gate - this may help you when you're searching for features. I use OBS and 10 mins @ 1080 is about 1.5GB. The file size will depend on how much CPU you can spare for compressing the video on the fly :)

Back