What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Does this count as VDM?

Serge

If a guy threatens you with a gun and you're defenseless, are you allowed to hop in your car? And run him over because you're fighting for your life?
Also if a helicopter parks in front of you while driving on the road, and you crash into it, does it count as VDM?

VDM= using your vehicle as a weapon. It's common sense that NO MATTER what you cannot use your vehicle maliciously in a situation. The only exception for ramming is if your friends vehicle is stuck and there's no one around/ there to interfere or get harmed.

You cannot intentionally ram a chopper. It won't be VDM if it was an accident, however if you are aware it is there and you keep going at your speed knowing you may hit it, that would be VDM.

The only exception for ramming is if your friends vehicle is stuck and there's no one around/ there to interfere or get harmed.
WRONG

there is no exception for car ramming unless its MRAP vs MRAP.

If a car is stuck call NHS/Police to impound it.

WRONG

Can't we apply a bit of common sense about that? If my truck is stuck and my friend can nudge it unstuck due to joyful Arma3 physics...
The VDM rule is designed to protect players and I get that, but in that scenario we're not ruining another players enjoyment, it's not really an exploit, or abusing a glitch... it's just helping a friend who has fallen victim to Arma3. 

I would certainly shed a tear for the death of reasonable judgement if someone got banned for helping a friend get a truck unstuck.

Can't we apply a bit of common sense about that? If my truck is stuck and my friend can nudge it unstuck due to joyful Arma3 physics...
The VDM rule is designed to protect players and I get that, but in that scenario we're not ruining another players enjoyment, it's not really an exploit, or abusing a glitch... it's just helping a friend who has fallen victim to Arma3. 

I would certainly shed a tear for the death of reasonable judgement if someone got banned for helping a friend get a truck unstuck.
Arma 3 physics, I've seen cars explode from being rammed at a small speed. Also it's rare, but I once saw a vehicle get glitched, fly in the air, and land in kavala exploding and killing someone.

Too much risk.

Arma 3 physics, I've seen cars explode from being rammed at a small speed. Also it's rare, but I once saw a vehicle get glitched, fly in the air, and land in kavala exploding and killing someone.

Too much risk.
Is it enough to get me banned if someone reported it?

Say the person recording was on a hill and watched me innocently ram my friends vehicle in order to get it unstuck, could I get banned for VDM? I've seen reports get denied because the intent was not malicious in the term of using the vehicle as a weapon to hurt anyone

At that point it depends on the circumstances, but can I just say call the police to impound the thing and be done with it. It opens up roleplay anyway

Too much risk.
This is the point though, its between friends, if the car explodes and we both die... we have a good giggle and get on with our lives.
We don't mind, neither of us feels angry or hard done, we've not done it to exploit, or glitch. 

I totally understand if it was a random person driving into another.

Although you say waiting for the cops / NHS, but with large portions of 0 NHS online, and waiting 20 minutes for a police officer to help me out with my truck full of weed.... I just feel that in the right set of conditions, as long as no other player on the server is affected, no exploits or glitches were abused, we're not gaining an unfair advantage... that the VDM rule seems irrelevant.

We could get into the what ifs, but at the end of the day if someone reports it, an admin may take action if he/she chooses. Too me I've always said better safe than sorry. That and when ramming the car can get glitched, and go flying. What goes up, must come down.

WRONG

But that's not using it is a weapon?

MRAP BLAH BLAH BLAH... Using any other vehicle as a weapon will result in a ban.

Too much risk.
Might as well ban everyone on the server, since nudging vehicles is something that everyone does if the vehicle is stuck.

Might as well ban everyone on the server, since nudging vehicles is something that everyone does if the vehicle is stuck.
At the day its a roleplay server, and I'm not saying people will be banned or not banned, but if a game mod/admin sees it, or someone reports it. Don't be shocked if action is taken.

At the day its a roleplay server, and I'm not saying people will be banned or not banned, but if a game mod/admin sees it, or someone reports it. Don't be shocked if action is taken.
Alight but there is a big difference between nudging a vehicle if it is stuck for a friend and using it as a weapon to ram someone.

Alight but there is a big difference between nudging a vehicle if it is stuck for a friend and using it as a weapon to ram someone.

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Using your vehicle for running people over, using it to ram into other vehicles in and outside combat, using a vehicle with the purpose of making it explode are all considered a form of VDM here (Punishment is a ban) [/COLOR]

Post a suggestion about it on the suggestion boards.

Using your vehicle for running people over, using it to ram into other vehicles in and outside combat, using a vehicle with the purpose of making it explode are all considered a form of VDM here (Punishment is a ban)

Post a suggestion about it on the suggestion boards.
<16:46:29> "Pat Pepper": Neo can you telll me if i nudge my friends vehicle and a game admin bans do i risk a ban? as in if hes stuck on like a rock or something
<16:50:40> "Neo": you're fine

On this note is it exploiting to land a heli at a car garage and store it? Lots of people say different things.

Back