What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bounty hunter Team???

Vento

Community Ban
So I have been bounty-hunting for a long while, game play wise and after having a good feel of bounty hunting I wanted something more, something different... So I thought to myself, hmm.... I have never seen any real Bountyhunter teams around, what you normally see is like, a group of 3 or 2 maybeee 4...

I have founded a BH Team and I will try to gather all my experience and teachlead those who choose to join us. I want to clean the bounty hunters fame of being douchebags, altough that will be almost impossible because there is always a annoying Bountyhunter who only meta-games and also says: Whats your name? Who are you?

Here it is, the team page: 

WEjyq6n.png

Hope every one could spread the word and support us!

Thank you all,

Vento aka. Fiftyfifty

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds nice, don't hunt for me please. I have a family :(

Hi Vento,

Sounds like an awesome idea.

I've been thinking of becoming a Bounty Hunter for a long time. Still have not decided yet...

Just a question:

Why is asking somebody who they are considered meta-gaming?

And how would you describe yourself as a bounty hunter?

Kind regards,

Sonny Berg

Hi Vento,

Sounds like an awesome idea.

I've been thinking of becoming a Bounty Hunter for a long time. Still have not decided yet...

Just a question:

Why is asking somebody who they are considered meta-gaming?

And how would you describe yourself as a bounty hunter?

Kind regards,

Sonny Berg
Hi Sonny,

Asking some one their name is NOT meta game. Perhaps I expressed myself wrong, but it is just the fact that most good players will tell you a fake name and you will just stand there thinking Even If I did the best RP ever why would a guy give me his name so I could arrest him?

So what I do and what I think most BHs should do is try to catch people in the middle of the crime scene so there is no doubt that they were engaging in illegal behaviors, most of the times those guys end up being the ones with decent bountys. Thats what Im aiming for with my team, not a bunch of BHs asking questions  all the time :)

That being said, I would describe myself as a Situation Reactive Player. I identify, analyse and than take action.

Thanks for you post,

PS: the license is 2mil

Fifty

Hi Sonny,

Asking some one their name is NOT meta game. Perhaps I expressed myself wrong, but it is just the fact that most good players will tell you a fake name and you will just stand there thinking Even If I did the best RP ever why would a guy give me his name so I could arrest him?

So what I do and what I think most BHs should do is try to catch people in the middle of the crime scene so there is no doubt that they were engaging in illegal behaviors, most of the times those guys end up being the ones with decent bountys. Thats what Im aiming for with my team, not a bunch of BHs asking questions  all the time :)

That being said, I would describe myself as a Situation Reactive Player. I identify, analyse and than take action.

Thanks for you post,

PS: the license is 2mil

Fifty
Thanks Vento.

That actually gives me a lot of extra insight into what I may expect as a Bounty Hunter.

I would love to bust people in the crime, as I am seeing a lot of crime occurring all the time but am not really able to do much about it.

And about your "ps", naturally I am aware of this. I already saved up 2 million in the past weeks, so it's all about the decision now! :)

I am really getting close to making my decision now.

Good luck with your team and perhaps, if I build some Bounty Hunter experience first, I will join one day.

Don't want to mess up your team's reputation with my lack of experience!

Kind regards,

Sonny Berg

I wonder how much you earn by turning someone in, is it the whole bounty? And I actially consider becoming a bounty hunter as well although I need some help with it. Would be great if you could teach me the basics. :)

The problem with Bounty Hunting is that the current system, i.e. no mobile wanted list, no method of identifying individuals, limited technological arsenal essentially forces us to wait around for someone to commit crime and arrest them is NOT the role of a bounty hunter, we are effectively pseudo police officers without the ability to forcibly identify individuals, without the ability to pull over people and without the protection and camaraderie the police force brings, this is quite clearly not something that is intended as it was stated to me in another thread that they are trying discourage the BH from playing as police. We are not hunting people, we're stuck lurking in Kavala waiting to either bust someone for a crime they've committed in front of us or being killed by hobos and gangs. 

I mean I wasn't here when the bounty system was implemented and it was being meta-gamed but right now I've been playing as a BH for a little under a week or so, I've seen two other bounty hunters in total, they are just non-existent on this server, and with the current system, and it doesn't surprise me... 2 Million for access to one weapon, one vest, and one outfit which garners you the hatred of the populace and you can't even do your job effectively.

Now I enjoy being a BH, I like the challenge it brings, and I'll probably continue to do it for the forseeable, but it definitely needs reworking.

John you couldn't be more right about that. But a true BH lover will persist these dark days, dark days that will bring more attention to the few bountyhunters that are still in active duty, struggling to strive. Perhaps if we are successful with all these obstacles in our way, we will be even bigger one day.

I also like the fact that Bounty Hunters are the Underdogs, brings more self estime and pride when you actually make Altis safer. 

Little secret, if your RP and reputation is good, police will start noticing you and maybe even helping you out.

I wonder how much you earn by turning someone in, is it the whole bounty? And I actially consider becoming a bounty hunter as well although I need some help with it. Would be great if you could teach me the basics. :)
At first you get half of the actual bounty. So if for example a guy you arrest has 250k Bounty you will get 125k of it. Although if you perform well in front of the police and bring that criminal to the Popo HQ you might get the full price :)

Also I heard that with the Professions now, you might be able to progress and start getting more than half of the bounty.

I will try to find a old post on the forum that tell you all you need to know about Bounty Hunters.

So all bountyhunters being douchebags was a myth! This is a good initiative and deserves being bumped.

Might be a good subject for my next report!

So all bountyhunters being douchebags was a myth! This is a good initiative and deserves being bumped.

Cheers :)

Yes! If I could actually form the team soon :) Alot of interest but I need new Recruits to get the master Plan going!

PM me when you have a team, and are ready for some action and I will follow you around with my camera!

So what I do and what I think most BHs should do is try to catch people in the middle of the crime scene so there is no doubt that they were engaging in illegal behaviors,

I already witnessed a certain Admin telling a bounty hunter that doing exactly this is not allowed, because bounty hunters are not cops. (There was even a threat of a ban).

Just sayin'.

But I will agree that right now bounty hunting is still extremely broken. Before it was because trolls would run around shooting everything until something got tazed, but now it's because even if a bounty hunter does get their mark, all that needs to happen is for that person's friend, who has no bounty, to come along and threaten the bounty hunter. The bounty hunter would be helpless to do anything about it, even if they pull out a lethal pistol and kill the guy, the cops would flip their shit if a bounty hunter has a bounty on them (and don't tell me that they can explain it, because recently cops haven't even let me explain my bounties after turning myself in... and the person in question wasn't a CSO/PCSO .... it was a SGT... and no I won't name him). From what I've seen bounty hunters are still trying to work off that bad name/taste from when the license was cheap.

TL;DR Bounty Hunters are still stuck between a rock and a hard place, the whole BH system needs to be re-worked from bottom up.

I already witnessed a certain Admin telling a bounty hunter that doing exactly this is not allowed, because bounty hunters are not cops. (There was even a threat of a ban).

Just sayin'.

But I will agree that right now bounty hunting is still extremely broken. Before it was because trolls would run around shooting everything until something got tazed, but now it's because even if a bounty hunter does get their mark, all that needs to happen is for that person's friend, who has no bounty, to come along and threaten the bounty hunter. The bounty hunter would be helpless to do anything about it, even if they pull out a lethal pistol and kill the guy, the cops would flip their shit if a bounty hunter has a bounty on them (and don't tell me that they can explain it, because recently cops haven't even let me explain my bounties after turning myself in... and the person in question wasn't a CSO/PCSO .... it was a SGT... and no I won't name him). From what I've seen bounty hunters are still trying to work off that bad name/taste from when the license was cheap.

TL;DR Bounty Hunters are still stuck between a rock and a hard place, the whole BH system needs to be re-worked from bottom up.
I'm with you 100% on this. The Bounty Hunter system needs a complete rework.

Back