What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bins Are Killing The Gang Scene

JB_

I've noticed this for over a week now since the garbage job came into effect. It has totally killed off the gang scene in terms of Drugs and people approaching gang turfs etc.
It's far too easy now for people to make 120k in 40 minutes doing a legal job with no risk and this has eliminated a big side of gang RP which is building connections and doing deals with people. IMO - Drugs, being illegal and carrying the most risk should always be the most rewarding. People who have been on the server for 3/4 days are driving round in cars worth 300k+ and carrying marksman pistols or SMG's. Gangs are doing bins in rat loaders in full colours with under glow and it's just for too META. It feels like suddenly everyone is running round with millions in the bank and nothing is hard to come by any more. It feels like the RPUK economy has gone down the toilet completely.

I'm not exactly sure what I am suggesting, but I am hoping to open up a discussion. The Garbage job area has become the new legion square or AE and is taking people away from other areas of the City as the roam around in their groups of 2/3/4 - The server just seems to have lost its balance.

You could suggest small changes to drugs and garbage job pay outs, or you could go as extreme as RPUK 2.0 with an economy wipe, a re-balance and some new features for a relaunch. The server just feels like something is lacking and it has become a bit stale. That's coming from someone who hasn't even been around for the last 18 months so it's not like I am burnt out of have spent too much time playing.

What do other people think about the current state of the server and what would you change to improve it? (Staff this might end up being a general thread and not a suggestion, feel free to move it)

JB.

Drugs just need a revamp in general, can get all of them from binning now and they're just not worth selling either atm

I agree. Bin Job ist bad for the econemy. No need to use shops either. You can find everything in bin's.
I think pay is way to high and the loot table should have half the stuff blacklisted.

Couldn't agree more, Why would new players bother selling drugs to be arrested when they can hop on a bin truck and earn 150k an hour

I wouldn't necesserily say you would need to nerf bin jobs, as other people still want to roleplay legal characters, you'd be essentially taking away legal job money, what you should realistically do is a drug rework that was mentioned probably more than over a year ago, drugs have been a decline even before bin jobs came out, back when shop robberies could be done.

Gang structures in general have been lack luster and have needed some reinforcement in a larger scale for some time now, however that doesn't stop you from roleplaying yourself a new income for your organisation or group, that would at least find you a new venture to dive into rather than following the crowd as a whole not only that it would also bring more roleplay to the community itself.

I’m with Eze on this, because ever since about a year ago selling hasn’t been the same especially since fire station and coa hill has been removed drugs just haven’t been worth doing over bins, delivery, taxi, and trucking. Drugs just needs a revamp or a buff for people to consider them being worth it again.

(Edit): Would also like to add, the reason that bin jobs has became so successful is because of the fact that it’s a coop job and you can sit there and do it with mates. Where as when you’re grinding on your ones whether it be trucking, selling, or whatever you choose. It feels more dead even though you’re still making good money.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what I am suggesting, but I am hoping to open up a discussion. The Garbage job area has become the new legion square or AE and is taking people away from other areas of the City as the roam around in their groups of 2/3/4 - The server just seems to have lost its balance.
Forgot to address this also,

A lot of people have spent a large amount of time selling drugs on their own, driving taxis on their own, legal jobs in a sense never offered this much roleplay and diversifying the playerbase, people actually interact with one another and build relationships between each other rather than your standard (BOT selling/Taxi/Trucking) garbage jobs as a whole have probably revived the server more than anything by giving the opportunity for them to meet strangers they can work with and form relations with.

If you think going back to selling is the main selling point of a community where people will go out of their way to avoid people because of the fear of being robbed repeatedly, then I have no idea what to tell you, selling was never really a fun experience or even a social job, it was grinding for a number of hours being an alt button with little to no social interaction. Yes it provided gang roleplay of selling drugs, you're not wrong.

But removing / downplaying something that has been positive for the community seems like a major error.

I've noticed this for over a week now since the garbage job came into effect. It has totally killed off the gang scene in terms of Drugs and people approaching gang turfs etc.
It's far too easy now for people to make 120k in 40 minutes doing a legal job with no risk and this has eliminated a big side of gang RP which is building connections and doing deals with people. IMO - Drugs, being illegal and carrying the most risk should always be the most rewarding. People who have been on the server for 3/4 days are driving round in cars worth 300k+ and carrying marksman pistols or SMG's. Gangs are doing bins in rat loaders in full colours with under glow and it's just for too META. It feels like suddenly everyone is running round with millions in the bank and nothing is hard to come by any more. It feels like the RPUK economy has gone down the toilet completely.

You could suggest small changes to drugs and garbage job pay outs, or you could go as extreme as RPUK 2.0 with an economy wipe, a re-balance and some new features for a relaunch. The server just feels like something is lacking and it has become a bit stale. That's coming from someone who hasn't even been around for the last 18 months so it's not like I am burnt out of have spent too much time playing.

What do other people think about the current state of the server and what would you change to improve it? (Staff this might end up being a general thread and not a suggestion, feel free to move it)

JB.

+1 but chill with the talk of economy wipe, there are smarter ways of dealing with it than a magical wipe.

You're right though, would love to see more balancing with bins, its getting a little silly :p

Personally I feel like the money from bins should be lowered a little more, say 10-15%. As it's a co-op job I'm fine with it being the most rewarding legal job, but I do think it's skewing the economy with it being so good and easy.

But on the front of drugs, I 100% agree that they should always be the highest rewarding income source.

The drug economy was a large part of the cities RP, both for legal (Police) & criminals. Nowadays it's completely dead and very rare to see someone selling.

Overall, +1 from me

So a bit of context might help, when myself and Connor (@Paint ) created this system it was joined alongside the other parts of the crim update. Ofc I am sure the items from rewards can be lowered down but when you look at the whole image it was in balance with everything else that was supposed to be added. One of the biggest effects of any update with features is that everyone wants to have a go and no life it, which makes sense because its exciting. I think a good start would be having a re look at the rewards until the guys have a chance to add the last bits of what me and Connor had done before we left. Hope this helps anyway :)

Reactions: L1L
To be fair I don't think there needs to be any change made. At the end of the day its roleplay, and if you play that type of criminal then you're going to sell drugs anyway *for the roleplay*. You shouldn't pick bins because it pays well, you should be doing it for the roleplay aspect. Same as drugs - it is what you make it and if the only reason you do something is for the money then it says a lot about your roleplay and the reasons you're here. Roleplay shouldn't be a grind, ergo - bins shouldn't be nerfed. I put a suggestion in a while back to revamp the drugs system, instead of targeting other peoples professions, why don't you suggest ways to improve the one you want to do?

*edit* Not only that, but the social aspect of bins is great, it allows people to make connections within roleplay that they wouldn't have made before. I've met tonnes of people through bins. What do drugs really contribute at the moment other than a very niche roleplay aspect for one person or one gang at a time?

For a long time now (the past year or so) i feel like the people at the top have been pushing heavily to encourage the “legal” playerbase since we’ve had an overwhelming amount of criminaly focused characters.

the bin job is probably still in its novelty phase but i still understand where youre coming from, more and more it seems like crim RP is reduced to just fighting which is ashame since people have been crying for “reasons to fight” a long time now.

They payout for 1h of bin jobs is perfect as it is atm so i dont think a change is needed there IMO. Hopefully there is something that appeals more to criminal characters soon enough. :)

+2 For me!
As a money making front, I agree Drug dealers should not be getting pulled up by a rich binman who's been in the city 48 minutes & already he's got a Italia rsx, as noob said you rarely even have to go shop these days as you will find what you need on almost every run.

Unless there's a gunfight or chase you don't really interact with police, so police RP must have gone some what stale (I've never been police so I couldn't say 100%).
I remember when I first joined, the deals I'd get involved In, the frill of the unknown some people went above & beyond when it came to being creative in terms of meet ups, deals & so on. I dunno it just felt different, there was more meaning to it.

And imo it would be easy for someone that plays Police, nhs etc as their main character to say its for the RP, I would of agreed a week into the new update when everyone was roleplaying a binman, but now as JB says this has turned into just a quick & easy way for gang members especially to get super clanked up.

it is what you make it and if the only reason you do something is for the money then it says a lot about your roleplay and the reasons you're here.
I don't agree with this as you would have no purpose or goal on the server, the economy would mean nothing because it would SOLEY be just about the roleplay when all these small aspects like fancy cars/ penthouses and so on ADD to the roleplay through the experiences you had on gaining these assets.

I recently spoke to a well-known criminal member who has a well-known armoured XLS & plenty other interesting cars when I questioned him on his car collection & assets he told me each car had a meaning, like his first car, the most expensive & gave a bit of inspiration in the mix while he was there on how he had got the car how long it had taken him to save for & so on.

The server was stuck on repeat for a while with JUST the drugs or taxi's to make money. Drugs is still better money imo than any legal job, I'd say by £50-60k an hour but its the no interaction things that's not fun its like you have to be at sanitation now for RP as that's where the herd is so to find a balance to the drug system where it would be worth peoples time to do bringing the criminal/gangster RP back would be nice.

I will give my POV, but it is obviously bias as my roleplay character status.

I will start by saying that I don't really think bins should be touched in any way. I do belive they have recived a silent nerf when it comes to drop (or at least that's how I feel it) but as a whole, they work perfectly as how they are.
It's been months and months since I didn't even think about "grinding" but since this small bit dropped, I've been there searching on the bins just for the fun of see what random items can I find inside of them.
When it comes to the paycheck, you do have to calculate the most efective route, you have to find the bin, you need to "think", quite a different way of just sit braindead on coa hill doing the same exact routine for an hour, or grab the taxi simulator for the same time, and even make less money. Is not an outstanding paycheck, so it's not going to affect that much on the economy, but it will give the "casual" players a bit more of a chance to "adapt" themselfs to this server economy.

When it comes to the drug part, I totally agree with it, drug game is dead, my shop since the release of the bins has literally almost stopped to sell either plastic bags or powdered milk; but thats because of why people will risk it, of they can make more money in a way more safe by doing bins...

Will drugs get a rework? I'm 99% sure they are, but I guess in this scenario is one of those times where you just need to sit tight while you focus on the bigger picture. Same work with half of personal will now take twice the time; but eventually, will happen

What's the solution? Touch the bins? Not in my opinion... it will sound stupid but I guess it's one of those times of hold into the burning nail of SoonTM unfortunately

I think bins are fine and that this is just hopefully part of the process of reforming jobs out there. I do hope the next steps are changing up the "lower tier" of making money within the criminal world which makes it more profitable, higher risk and something for gangs to contest over.

Don’t think there’s an issue with the jobs themselves. Gang life’s been mediocre for a long while now, especially since you’ve been gone. A lot of us are holding onto hope that something will bring back the same buzz we felt 2-3 years ago. I know from experience after several breaks from the server it’s easy to get burnt out on the criminal side of things when you feel like it’s getting repetitive but that’s what suggestions are for I suppose.

From a police perspective, I miss drug dealers 😆 No matter what time of day you were always guaranteed a chase and usually some good RP before or after too. Bins have kind of removed that for us as literally no one deals anymore since bins are more profitable and safer. I've found people who've been in the city a few days with like million pound supercars from grinding bins for a day or 2.

Back