What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Banned for breaking NLR (No response)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so today I was banned for breaking NLR.

The gist: TI and UNMC were having a friendly base attack in the red zone. I was the eyes of the operation in the sky, piloting my Hellcat and spotting troops on the ground. Having assisted in multiple kills, UNMC took notice of the strategic importance of my role, and called in the Soul Grinder. I was engaged by the enemy heli, took evasive action, and escaped the area without taking any direct hits (to my knowledge). This is where it went wrong.

I was escaping via a well known flight path, however took a corner far too sharp, and took my rotor out by some power lines immediately next to the large rebel outpost. I crashed and burned. Immediately after this I spawned at TI base, and re-entered the combat taking place there. 2 minutes into my flight, UNMC Soul Grinder fired the BanHammer Missiles. Direct hit.

Now, I do not want to act as if I am totally innocent, I knew this was a fine line, and due to bad advice, took the wrong option.

I would like to express, as far as the rules are written, I did not break any of them. I do admit however, that I entirely broke the spirit of those rules, and for that I did deserve to be penalized. I died well over 1000m away from the area I reentered. After speaking with Admin, we concluded that this rule is inefficient, and unclear to those who are not combat hardened. I would suggest that there be a more specific 'Combat NLR' rule added, specifying that you cannot return to the same combat situation, regardless of where you died or who called you in. The use of helicopters and large caliber rifles completely devalues the 1000m rule.

To summarise, in hindsight I see that entering the same combat situation regardless of where you died defeats the object of the NLRules, and am sincerely sorry that I fucked up on that. I can assure you it was not meant maliciously, or to gain an upper hand in the situation. It was just a bad judgement call on my part, based on bad advice, and unclear (but, in hindsight, obvious) rules.

R.J.Kalloway

i agree this rule is a major grey area and i dont blame you for what you did even though you were a pain in the ass giving away my position lol , hope you get your un ban mate

No response from player. If you still wish to be unbanned please open another thread linking this one and answer any questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back