What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Paul Abdeen - GTA RP

JJDD

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Johnny Dick
Steam ID: 76561198202258652
Ban ID (just the numbers): 15220
Ban Reason: C2.2
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned for emoting on a roof during an ongoing gunfight.
Why should we unban you: I'd like the chance to be unbanned because I've had time away from the community to reflect back on my actions to see where I went wrong / what I could've done instead and what I should do if a scenario like that ever occurs again. If a similar scene was to occur again I would take into consideration the fact that when conflict has begun, I now know that even if I don't have a direct line of sight on someone else, they may have knowledge of where I am and so emoting comes with the risk of dodging bullets and so will avoid using emotes in scenes of that nature. I fully understand why this rule is put in place, this is because it keeps the playing field equal to all parties involved which makes it enjoyable for all sides partaking in the scene and prevents exploiting the game's mechanics for an unfair advantage.

I wasn't aware of the announcement at the time but I had been told that there was a rule in place to prevent people from dodging bullets with emotes and so in my mind I thought that meant intentionally using emotes to dodge bullets that you know are being shot at you and didn't think it would be an issue to try and use the wall as cover in that way. I'm not writing this to justify my actions as I should have taken the time to read through all of the rules and be aware that what I was doing was wrong and realise that even though my intentions weren't to gain an unfair advantage, I still gained one as after I got hit by the bullet as I was emoting, the wall stopped shots that could have came after that from being able to hit me.

I've been reading through the rules to make myself more aware and to brush up on any that I didn't have a great understanding of to stop things like this from happening again in the future. With my time away I've been able to take a step back and see it from a different perspective than my own at the time and now understand why it wasn't acceptable as it's not in the spirit of RP and isn't enjoyable for anyone to have to deal with.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

All of your bans are to do with gunfights. RDMing, NLR, and now this, again, in a gunfight.

How long will it be before you're banned again after partaking in a gunfight?

Hello @Phoenix

I can assure you I do not plan on getting banned, especially because of a gunfight. Not to take anything away from my bans but sometimes people like to highlight the negatives especially when you're a gang member. Everything I've experienced has allowed me to gain knowledge and have a clear understanding of how to approach situations such as not using an emote anytime a gunfight is started.

I'm involved in many storylines and have been developing my character from the ground up and playing a leading role in the development of my group Cutlass as a senior rank. I'm in charge of a lot of the gang supplies guns and drugs, and I enjoy this line of Roleplay greatly. To put it mildly, I've dealt with the consequences of my actions over the past six months and have lost out on a tonne of role-playing opportunities. I've used this opportunity to make sure I understand the rules and that I won't end up in the appeals section again.

We looked into your history and we found that you only posted videos highlighting your gunfights (Montages), we haven't found a single video highlighting an RP story or situation.

Why is that?

Hello @OneShot

These are clips from different Roleplay situations that a friend of mine compiled that I posted for an audience outside of RPUK. That is the reason why RPUK isn't in the title or description. Although it doesn't show the server in the best of lights it's not intended to be a representation of RPUK. Primarily all of the context / RP behind these clips are provided in the videos on the Gang channel. An example being when Donny was made to shoot my character, a lot of Roleplay avenues came from that for both sides., which is still a continuing story line. In the videos on the Gang channel you can see my presence and roleplay in a lot of crucial scenes and although I may not be the main character in some of these, I try to provide an atmosphere and experience for the people I'm interacting with. When the montage was posted there was no animosity and I wasn't posting it to misrepresent the server or gloat. My friend made the montage as credited in the description and I liked the editing so I thought I'd showcase it on my Youtube channel.

I understand that montages like these can be damaging to the server, I don't have any plans on posting these sorts of things and never did with any ill-intent.

My character has been a major part in many peoples developments behind the scenes, I've spent a lot of time introducing new members to the gang life and how to operate / carry themselves, I enjoy my role as a senior in Cutlass and having the ability to inspire and take control of situations in the pursuit of RP. I've also helped introduce a lot of people to this line of roleplay and take great pride in watching people progress as role-player's.

Back